Friday, June 22, 2007

Torturous Thirty-Three

Hi Aunties and Uncles! How are you keeping? I have a picture of Mamma for you, but Daddy has had a long week and so he hasn’t been able to post it yet. Tonight my parents (well and lil me since I have no choice where I’m taken) are going to a wedding and I’ll remind Mamma of two things 1.)to get another picture taken of us and 2.) to literally eat for two when it comes to wedding cake. Hopefully, by next week, we’ll have posted two pictures!

Daddy came back on Sunday but Mamma and I were really tired from getting the house ready for his arrival (ok, Mamma was, I was just along for the ride as always). Feeling Mamma moving around a lot made me tired and sleepy so I rested. At one point she ran because the neighbors were fumigating their place and she was trying to protect me from that—I’m sure that was a funny (and rare) sight since Mamma is far from athletic. By the time Daddy got home, I was fast asleep and it took him twenty minutes of singing to get me up and moving.

On Tuesday Daddy went with my maternal grandparents to the hospital since my Grandpa had to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy (my grandparents did not want Mamma to go to the hospital because they were afraid she’ll catch something and give it to me—they are the germ-o-phobic side of the family). Grandma burst out crying and didn’t take it well and Daddy did a great job taking care of her. Afterwards, everyone was ok and my grandparents were in raptures about my Daddy (I seconded everything they said because I think he’s pretty darn wonderful myself). Mamma got Daddy a sundae as a treat for being so nice. He really enjoyed it!

By Wednesday, Daddy was sick! He had a burger outside of the house and it gave him food poisoning! He was throwing up all night. At one point it was 2am and Mamma had actually fallen into a deep sleep but I woke up for the noise and kicked at her to let her know my Daddy was in trouble. So after a rather anxious night, Daddy settled down and Mamma and I stayed home with him yesterday to make sure he was ok. He was a little weak, but he is fine now.

Mamma is not having a good week either. She finds everyday at work rather difficult. She gets so tired her eyes start to water and tears roll down her eyes. Her coworkers probably think that she is crying at her desk. But I think she is at a point where she is so out of it she doesn’t care anymore. Catching sleep at night is hard for her since she gets palpitations when she tries to lie down and it’s hard balancing me and her back. When she finally falls asleep, she has to go to the bathroom at around 4:30am and then it takes another hour to fall asleep again.

If I am up at that time, I push at her belly a little, which probably doesn’t help her much. I think I’m about nineteen and a half inches long. I couldn’t tell you for sure because I can’t stretch out fully anymore and well, I don't know much about measurements--my world experience is reather limited as you can imagine. I’m just a cute tiny baby!

For the first time now there is more of me than amniotic fluid, so when I do chose to squirm and roll, Mamma really feels it a lot. When Mamma touches the top of her belly, her skin feels weird, like there really is a big water balloon right under it. She thinks it’s kind of cool. Her belly button popped out too, but I think my parents find it a little freaky.

Oh, last night, Mamma and Daddy videoed me moving. Little do they know I was mooning them! Well, even if they did, they would think it’s adorable since they think the world of me. I was shaking my booty since there was reggae music on the TV and I really like it! Makes me want to dance in here.

I’ll sign off now Aunties and Uncles. I will be seeing you shortly I hope! Only a matter of weeks now before we meet each other. Mamma spent all of yesterday washing all my clothes and linen with special detergent and tomorrow she is supposed to pack our hospital bag. Daddy bought me three cute dresses in Vietnam so she is putting me in a little yellow one to bring me home—doesn’t that sound fun? Leave some comments for me, and oh, Uncle Ray, I’m holding you to your promise! Lots of love, Baby BB 6

2 comments:

Raymond Cummings said...

whose wedding was it?

does p have a sensitive stomach?

Raymond Cummings said...

when will you know how grandpa's tests came out?

that's a scary test (not to mention uncomfortable to think about) - my dad had to have one a couple years back.

take it easy on mom, BB! she's gotta save her strength to push you out into the world!


buy flowers online