Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tedious Thirty-Four

Hi Aunties and Uncles! How are you doing? I’m growing at a rate. I weigh a little more than five pounds now and am at least twenty inches long head to toe. All in all, I’m a bundle of cuteness. This week I have spent a lot of time sleeping. That’s because my Mamma finally took a few days off work and we both just napped and napped away. She’s still tired though, but I’m fine and dandy.

At our most recent doctor’s appointment, Mamma complained about the palpitations she had been experiencing at night. Her pressure was ok, at 120/80 but the doctor wanted to be cautious and scheduled an ECG for her. Mamma was not a happy camper about it but Daddy and the doctor insisted. After much ado, it turned out Mamma’s heart was fine and that she probably felt palpitations when she was lying on her left side because her heart is also on left side and she must have been sensitive to it since pregnant women have a faster heart rate.

My parents are spending four days at my maternal grandparents’ house so Mamma can take it easy. She took three days off work this week to just rest while she is there because at least there we have company and won’t be home alone while Daddy is at work (plus Grandma makes yummy food for us). We move back to our house tomorrow and then it’s back to cleaning and stuff!

The bed in Mamma’s room there is smaller than the one we have at home and the first night, Daddy was shoving his pillow onto Mamma’s belly. That kind of irritated me so I was clawing at it with my tiny hands and legs all night, keeping Mamma up (she was nauseous and up because of a queasy feeling and my kicking didn’t help her much). In the end she felt bad to do so, but had to wake Daddy up to get him to move. When she told him about it the next day, Daddy thought it was funny and cute and he was smiling away imagining my little hands and feet.

Daddy is still busy with his work. He is having back pains and is tired a lot but he cheers up when he talks to me. He can’t wait to see me. Mamma is starting to have weird dreams about when she delivers me. She can’t wait to see me either. She is having a lot of problems she had in her first trimester. Her sense of smell is really sharp again and now she has to run to the bathroom all the time (except this time it’s not because of hormones but because my head is resting on her bladder).

Mamma’s quite tired all the time. Yesterday we pretty much slept all morning but it didn’t seem to do her any good. When she stands, after a few minutes the soles of her feet start to hurt and at night she has a backache. Her palpitations are still there sometimes at night and she gets nauseous around meal times. When she gets really tired, her stomach feels heavy and she feels like she is walking underwater.

As for me, I’m kind of cramped in here. The uterine wall is thinner so more light comes in and I am blinking lots in response to it. There is glycogen stored in my liver, which I will have to use for energy during my birth (esp if I come out the natural way) and for the first few days until Mamma and I can get a proper routine going with the feedings.

I am no longer floating in the amniotic fluid, but rather I am resting on Mamma’s uterus. Everyday, I shed a little lanugo (the fine hairs keeping me warm all this time) and put on a layer of fat, but I think I’m going to have some still left when I’m born. My fingernails are quite long too.

In general, I spend quite a long time sleeping now compared to before. The doctor identified various body parts of mine to my parents last weekend, so now they have proof that I do move my tush a lot! And I love reggae music. Daddy is thrilled about that. He tried to sing me some the other day.

I guess I should go and let Mamma post this for me before she gets pooped or forgets to do so. Daddy still owes you pictures. Please leave some comments for me. My Mamma is saving your comments for a scrapbook she is making out of these blogs for me to enjoy when I’m bigger. I’ll write again next week and I’ll be seeing you sooner than you imagine! Lots of love, Baby BB 6

1 comment:

Raymond Cummings said...

we're counting the days until you come out, BB!

tell mom to relax; it'll all be over before she knows it. and here's betting that dad will feel a whole lot better once he's cradling you in his arms. infants have that effect on adults; you calm us, help us chill out, put us at ease. : )


buy flowers online