Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thumbs-Up Thirty-Two

Hi Aunties and Uncles! How are you doing? This week I had my first real big scare! No wonder when my Daddy went to Vietnam he told Mamma to please be careful and not get into any ‘situations’. True to form, drama found itself at her feet (in one case literally).

Over the weekend, Mamma found out why her foot was hurting last week. She got something like a large thorn in her little toe. After a rather painful ‘operation’ performed by Grandpa and his help, they managed to get most of it out. It really hurt Mamma a lot (I could almost feel her pain) but in the end, her foot felt a whole lot better. She was ok after that, except for the tiredness she’s been feeling lately.

But here’s the drama: Yesterday, Mamma forced herself to go to office, trying to save up her leave. Well, she should have stayed at home! We were both really tired sitting at that desk of hers when suddenly a crazy client came bursting in and started randomly threatening her coworker! He was yelling so loudly, I got such a shock that I jumped up really violently, which in turn made Mamma jump out of her seat.

The sound really upset me. She was quite angry with that man for frightening me (she’s a ferocious Mama bear when she wants to be) and rather annoyed that he was talking so rudely and making threats to her staff. He had shoulder-length hair, was clad in a seersucker suit and donned a weird thin red bandana across his forehead. In the beginning he claimed to be a doctor, then he said he was a criminal lawyer so he could get away with murder and he was going to bring his gun and shoot everybody.

The best part? The idiotic fashion-challenged lunatic got the wrong department! He wanted to threaten people in the credit department, who have nothing to do with us (we do insurance brokering). Mamma’s poor coworker couldn’t get a word in edgewise to explain this to Mr. Psycho. By this time Mamma was really pissed. The man was shouting so loudly that people from other parts of the building had gathered!

Her boss did nothing about it and she wanted to go and tell the lunatic to get a grip so that we could find the appropriate people to help him with his issue but then she stopped short because of me. Since I got so scared when he shouted, she didn’t want to bring me closer to him, especially if he was going to get violent. Eight months ago, she probably would have wanted to karate chop him herself, especially since the wonderful security guards in the office were not intervening.

Eventually all was sorted out. I took a long time to settle in again and Mamma was concerned about me. Incidentally, her coworker(s) were fine. She checked up on him and he said that this particular man was notorious for this type of behavior so he wasn't upset about it. Well, that’s good to know!

Any old how, other than that, things are progressing nicely in here. It’s starting to get a little cramped so I curl my legs up a lot. I can’t perform my kicks and punches anymore; just mostly little rolls and squirms. We took my Grandpa out to dinner a few days ago for his birthday and we had some Chinese food (my favorite!). I was quite content so I started sucking my thumb.

Mamma noticed the thump, thump, thump movement and told her mother about it. Grandma knew what I was up to right away and for the first time Mamma realized I was sucking my thumb. Daddy was thrilled (but he thinks everything I do is wonderful).

I have my routine. Mamma is supposed to monitor my movements and she has noticed that I suck my thumb at 7am and 11pm. This made Aunty Manji delighted since she used to do the same thing when she was in her mom’s belly. Aunty Manji (wishfully) thinks that I will be a mini-Manji, just as her daughter, my Cousin Millie, is like a newer improved model of my Mamma. She calls everyday to see how I am.

Other than that, I have been dreaming of milkshakes. Mamma finally made one for me yesterday. I love them! She has been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions but they don’t bother her much. In fact it took her a while to figure it out.

I have some important news for you; Daddy finally took a picture of Mamma before he left for Vietnam. That is the first picture taken of her since I came into the picture (pun intended I suppose). We have to wait till Daddy comes back to get it onto the computer, so please bug my forgetful Mamma to get it online and post it for you next week! You can see how big I’ve become. I’m such a cutie! I guess I should go now. Please leave some comments for me. Lots of love, Baby BB 6

1 comment:

Raymond Cummings said...

bb, tell mamma to stay home from here on in! neither of you need that kind of stress at this point!

also: vanilla milkshakes are the bomb, and one of the many benefits of a post-womb existence. whenever you come to visit me and aunt alecia, we're taking you to the cold stone creamery!


buy flowers online