Monday, August 20, 2007

My First Month

I’m baaaaaaack! Hi Aunties and Uncles, the long silence was rather deafening for me! I missed being online and blogging but I had to get used to my new environment and Mamma had to get used to lil old me! So things are kind of hectic in our neck of the woods. Daddy is rather pleased with himself after having produced me and Mamma is just tired all the time.

My birth was alright. I was up all night doing my thing and had just about managed a nap when all of a sudden there was all this bright light and I felt these hands on me yanking me out of the only place I called home! I was kind of dazed and confused and the whole suddenly breathing air thing threw me off. I cried a little and wondered where Mamma went.

I was wrapped measured and all kinds of weird stuff was done to me and then I was plonked down on Mamma’s face (her hands were fastened by an IV and some weird gadget). I knew it was her at once and I fell asleep on her cheek. She was rather thrilled. All she could really see was one big eye of mine and the let me wait on her for a couple of minutes. But we had a lovely cozy Hallmark/Kodak moment.

Once again I was yanked off and taken away but this time I yelled and screamed the whole operating theater down. That’s when I met my grandparents (both sets), Disampathi Seeya, Punch, Rohith Uncle and of course Aunty Manjari. My first few days were a blur. Mamma was hooked up to an IV and loopy but I spent a whole lot of time in Uncle Phill’s arms. We had a grand old time. I stared up his nose adoringly and he looked at me like I was the most wonderful thing ever. Good times.

I was taken to my maternal grandparents house for my first week since Mamma couldn’t climb the stairs in our house. It was all kind of a blur since Mamma and I were trying to get used to each other and a routine. She was in tears a lot since the whole feeding thing was painful and she felt bad she couldn’t spring up and get me quickly when I cried because of the gash on her belly.

We are now in our own place and more or less settled in a routine. Mamma is learning to manage on little or no sleep (I’m little, I get hungry quite a few times in the night). And hey, I really can’t control my bowel movements so sometimes I get Mamma during those 5am nappy changes!

So I’m going to be one month old tomorrow. It’s tough being a baby. I have bad gas issues and colic makes me scream in pain. Nothing my parents do can help me and I get more upset since I sense that they are stressed/worried about it. No pun intended but I heard it will pass in a couple of weeks. It really hurts me a lot so that seems like an eternity for me and my folks.

Other than that nothing much is going on. I’ll try to get one once a week! Leave some comments for me. Lots of love, Baby BB Milena ps hope you saw my picture, if not bug Mamma
6

No comments:


buy flowers online